Who We Are:
Anonymous Content is a visionary global media company that produces multi-platform premium content and boasts an exceptional client roster which includes many of the world’s most renowned and innovative directors, writers, and actors. The company’s award-winning Film & TV division encompasses many commercially successful and critically acclaimed works. Current Anonymous Content films include the recently released and critically acclaimed THE STRANGER (Netflix) starring Joel Edgerton, SWAN SONG (Apple TV+), WORTH (Netflix), STILLWATER (Focus Features) and THE MIDNIGHT SKY (Netflix) as well as the highly anticipated upcoming film, FOE (Amazon) starring Saoirse Ronan, Paul Mescal and Aaron Pierre that is currently in post-production. The company is also behind the three-time Academy Award winning film THE REVENANT, Best Picture Academy Award winning film SPOTLIGHT, and Academy Award winning film for Best Original Screenplay, ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND. The company’s TV credits include the recently released SHANTARAM (Apple TV+) starring Charlie Hunnam, THE LAST DAYS OF PTOLEMY GREY (Apple TV+) starring Samuel L. Jackson and Dominique Fishback, as well as the recently released second season of RANDOM ACTS OF FLYNESS (HBO). Upcoming series include TIME BANDITS (Apple TV+) from Taika Waititi and SAINT X (Hulu) directed by Dee Rees, season four of TRUE DETECTIVE (HBO) starring Jodie Foster as well as many award winning and critically acclaimed series including MR. ROBOT (USA Network), HOMECOMING (Amazon), 13 REASONS WHY (Netflix), DICKINSON (Apple TV+), HOME BEFORE DARK (Apple TV+), and DEFENDING JACOB (Apple TV+). In 2018, Anonymous Content created The Lab, a creative incubator designed to push the boundaries of how brands tell stories by engaging emerging filmmakers and diverse storytellers. Through its Commercial work, Anonymous Content is also the driving creative force behind countless leading global brands. For more information, visit www.anonymouscontent.com.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant who has a genuine passion for being a part of our mission. This position will be supporting a Producer & Lit Manager located in our Culver City office and may be asked to be in the office on a hybrid schedule (days in-office to be determined). This can be subject to change to the then-current Company policy.
In this role you will:
- Be the point of contact for all inbound and outbound aspects for a high-level literary manager-producer including coordinating, scheduling, note-taking, rolling calls, deal/payment tracking, etc.
- Rely on sound judgment and knowledge of the business to ensure relevant meetings are scheduled in a timely manner
- Read and evaluate scripts and be able to verbally communicate opinions; write short synopses and comments on material, be curious about and interested in new talent, and emerging voices
- Create lists of directors, writers, and actors for projects in development
- When appropriate and asked for, provide verbal or written feedback on drafts or dailies for projects in production
- Assist clients as needed: organize client meetings, zooms and calls; keep track of client deals and incoming revenues; keep track of client’s prep and shoot schedules, and transmission dates for episodic work and launch dates for films
- Develop an awareness and timely communication skills regarding important personnel changes and other developments in the industry at large that might impact on client business of production projects
We are excited about you because you are:
- An experienced Assistant with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience at an agency, management, or entertainment company
- You have an interest in a career in literary management and/or producing
- Self-directed, highly organized and able to balance competing priorities
- Attentive to detail, with strong conflict-resolution, and decision-making skills
- Able to manage up and one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- An excellent communicator with a charismatic personality
- Bonus points if you have an advanced degree (e.g., JD or MBA) or speak a second language
Anonymous Content is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, or any other protected group status as defined by the law.